Monday 29 July 2013

Love is in the air...

So after all the hard work and preparation my BFF put in over the past few months her big day finally arrived!!  

I was super excited (obviously!) and wanted to share the big day with everyone.  But since it was her big day and not mine I didn't want to invade her privacy by plastering it all over my blog.  

So I got to thinking about the little parts of the day that tell a story without invading people's privacy.  I know that many brides now think along the same line and have pictures of their shoes and dress etc taken before hand but as a guest I took some different shots that I thought I would share them with you.

So here's my attempt at putting their fairytale day into anonymous pictures...

Tissues at the ready just incase (it was a good job too!)

Inside the church waiting on the beautiful bride!

After all the tears were dried and mascara reapplied it was time for the wedding breakfast; lamb shank on a bed of mustard mash.  My eyes were bigger than my belly but what I managed (I did have a starter too!) was super yummy!

With a little rest and some drinks in the sunshine I managed to find some room for this amazing banoffee dessert which I shared with the BF... Thankfully he ate most of it otherwise I would have burst!

Even at weddings I gladly swap my champagne for a nice cup of peppermint tea after the meal.  How very British!

Although I couldn't eat the cake (it wasn't gluten free) it did look absolutely beautiful and the mint choc chip layer (yip you read that right!) went down a storm with the other guests.

So after the speeches and the cutting of the cake the bride and groom had their first dance under these dreamy chandeliers... 

Me being me I came prepared with some sensible sandals!  Good job too after that feast because I definitely needed a work out!

Just like me the BFF loves her tea so these cute and quirky (just like her!) favours at the end of the were a perfect finishing touch :)

So as the happy couple embark on their new chapter in life I would just like to finish up this post by thanking them for including me in their big day and wishing them a life time of happiness and a very sunny honeymoon!! 

With all my love L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment